Re: [Gems-users] problem(s) compiling Ruby under Linux (SuSe 9.3)

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:25:08 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] problem(s) compiling Ruby under Linux (SuSe 9.3)
It is something to do with your environment.  You can run make in debug
mode

make -d PROTOCOL=MOESI_CMP_token >& make.output

However the output will be huge.

Also ensure sure your version of make is GNU something or other:

maya(4)% make --version
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for i686-pc-linux-gnu
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000
        Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

--Mike