Re: [Gems-users] OPAL+SMT

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:42:35 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] OPAL+SMT
> I am a new user to Gems. I am also a first year
> graduate student from university of rochester and
> working with CMP of SMTs
>
> (1) Does Gems currently support SMT.

Not in what is released.  Our internal research branch does have some
preliminary extensions in Opal to support SMT, but this is early research
work.

> (2) If no, I would like to get started on making this
> module happen. I would be thankful if someone can
> point me out to how to proceed and design ground up.

Luke, our Opal expert, is on internship this summer but he periodically
checks his mail and might be able to give some brief pointers.  I do not
believe his preliminary SMT efforts required any drastic changes to Opal.

--Mike