Re: [Gems-users] processor id in ruby

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:16:37 -0600 (CST)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] processor id in ruby
> > Is there a way in ruby to find which processor a request came from? I was trying
> > to do that but figured that even CacheMsg does not have that field.
>
> Some protocolts have a Requestor field in the Request message.  This is of
> type "MachineID" which identifies both the component (L1Cache, L2Cache,
> Directory, etc) and the number.

Oops.  Obviously _all_ protocols have the Requestor field in Request
messages!  You just need to convert this to processor number.

But for the directory-based CMP protocols, an L2->Memory request message
will fill the Requestor field with the L2Cache component issuing the
request.  Therefore if you want to the get originally requesting
L1Cache/Processor, an additional field will need to be added to the
L2->Memory request message because it isn't possible to convert an L2Cache
MachineID to processor number.