Re: [Gems-users] Simulation Time of 16 processors

Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 23:45:41 -0500
From: Nauman Rafique <nrafique@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Simulation Time of 16 processors
I did not run with 16 or more processors, but I run with 4 processors and I can
guess that there is nothing wrong with 20 hours. To make sure everything is
alright, you can do a run for smaller number of instructions.
A couple of things to check: In Makefile.common, make sure that OPT_FLAGS are
set to the -O2 etc. And -g is not set. Compiling with debugging symbols makes
the memory image of the simulator very big and can cause disk paging on 1GB ram
machine.

--
Nauman