Re: [Gems-users] opal statistics

Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 21:10:20 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] opal statistics
> Thanks a lot.
> What do you suggset, what can I do, then? Any advice??

*  Running without Opal significantly reduces simulation time.  We notice
that often the qualitative results of memory system studies does not
change significantly.

*  Use a faster machine with more memory.  Opterons with 4GB are
especially nice for running Simics/Ruby/Opal :)

*  Play with compiler flags (although we've noticed that Opal crashes when
using -O6 )

*  Profile Opal and find the true bottlenecks.  Without any evidence that
statistics gathering is a bottleneck, I wouldn't optimize it out.

--Mike