[Gems-users] Bus network and Cache Data

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 16:21:50 -0800 (PST)
From: arrvindh shriraman <arrvindh_shriraman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Bus network and Cache Data
(1) This question is related to earlier question of if
Will a hierarchical switch suffice to model bus
suffice even if I want to simulate weaker consistency
models in CMP ?
Any help on how I can proceed to create a bus network
?

(2) Can I maintain data in Ruby caches during
interface with SIMICS (Random testers seem to maintain
data).
Currently I am simulating a weaker consistency model
using a snoop interface in SIMICS to return data.
It would be useful if I can maintain data in Ruby
caches and return values (You seem to be writing
registers in Ruby interface, what are these for, since
I thought Ruby used a memory-stall interface with
SIMICS)

Thanks
(P.S. In my preferences , when I registered I forgot
to tick the box so that I can recieve msgs from Gems
forum. Now I cannot reply to messages, I need to start
a  new msg everytime. Is it possible to change preferences)

http://mail.yahoo.com