[Gems-users] About broadcast

Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:44:39 +0930
From: Xuemei Zhao <zhao0043@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] About broadcast
Hello,

     I found the following part in MOSI_SMP_bcast-cache.sm.

     action(f_issueGETS, "f", desc="Issue GETS.") {
    DEBUG_EXPR(machineID);
    enqueue(addressNetwork_out, AddressMsg, latency="ISSUE_LATENCY") {
      out_msg.Address := address;
      out_msg.Type := CoherenceRequestType:GETS;
      out_msg.CacheState := cache_state_to_int(getState(address));
      out_msg.Requestor := machineID;
      out_msg.Destination.broadcast(MachineType:L1Cache);
      out_msg.Destination.add(map_Address_to_Directory(address));
      out_msg.MessageSize := MessageSizeType:Control;
    }
  }

Can I only assign a destination address instead of broadcast this message,
because I only want one consumer to process this request. Maybe then others.
How should I do? Can I use out_msg.Destination.add(DestinationMachineID) ?
Thanks for your help.

May