Re: [Gems-users] does simics processor number need to match ruby processor number?

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 21:34:17 -0500
From: "Min Xu (Hsu)" <xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] does simics processor number need to match ruby processor number?
What exactly do you want to simulate? I see several options
but only the last one made little sense to me.

1. Execute all processors in lock-step, but it is hardly real.

2. Let all processors execute freely, but they
   will interfere with each other (and crash) if they all
   write to the same memory space.

3. Just simulate the timing and assume each processor writes
   to a different memory space? In this case, there would be
   no sharing between processors.

4. Just simulate the timing and assume all processors write the
   same memory space. In this case, you have sharing, but
   the sharing never changes program execution path.

Perhaps what you want is none of the above?