Re: [Gems-users] stall cycles

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:19:45 -0500 (CDT)
From: Luke Yen <lyen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] stall cycles
Hello Chris:

  There is no easy way to determine this information by default.  All
source operand stalls are recorded in dynamic.C, through the WAIT_X_STAGE
case statements in Schedule().  If any operands are not ready, the
isReady() call will fail for the corresponding source operand.

   In order to track this information, I recommend that whenever an
instruction stalls due to operands not being ready to lookup waiting
loads in the MSHR (defined in rubycache.C), and to see if any of those
loads are writing to operands this waiting instruction is dependent on.

   Luke