[Gems-users] Adding Buffers to Memory Hierarchy

Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:13:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dave <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Adding Buffers to Memory Hierarchy
Hello All,

Currently, I am working on the MOESI_CMP_directory protocol provided by GEMS. I would like to add a buffer to the memory hierarchy, either between L1 cache and L2 cache or on top of L1 cache. Then, I would like to make direct transfers between these buffers on different processors. By looking at the GEMS' source code, I understand that one way of doing this is to modify MOESI_CMP_directory-L1cache.sm and MOESI_CMP_directory-L2cache.sm. Is there any other way?

How would I integrate this new buffer to the system? Would recompiling Ruby be enough? I would greatly appreciate if you could show me some pointers or documentation.

Thank you.