Re: [Gems-users] GEMS release 1.3 compiling error

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:22:33 +0200
From: mehmetderin.harmanci@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] GEMS release 1.3 compiling error
  Hello,

   I had run into a similar problem when compiling ruby I guess. Initially
  My problem was different, some header files were missing so I had changed
  the simics link to point to the SIMICS directory (where the core of simics,
  as well as its documentation its source extensions are ). But when I did
  this I remember having a similar problem as yours. I do not know if you
  did such a manipulation of links by hand. If so I'll advise you to read
  the content of the file I wrote for myself in case I recompile gems in the
  future, whihc I copy below (however, this may require you to restart the
  gems installation from scracth :( ) Here is the file content:

After doing all setup details that is explained as in the web page

 http://www.cs.wisc.edu/gems/doc/wiki/moin.cgi/Setup_for_Simics_3.0.X

One more thing needs also to be done (at least that how I managed):

cd $GEMS/simic_3_workspace
mkdir x86-linux
mkdir x86-linux/obj
cp -r $SIMICS-CORE/src/include x86-linux/obj

Here $SIMIC_CORE points to the directory where simics installation is done
and the source code is. IT IS NOT A WORKSPACE DIRECTORY. This last lines
are necessary because gems modules require the some headers that are in
the created simics workspace directory (simics_3_workspace). However the
scripts they provide do not copy the include directory to this workspace
directory.

Once this is done everything works fine.

    Hope this helps,

        Derin.

Quoting lya755@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: