[Gems-users] gems + sparc-linux

Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:10:29 -0400
From: Will Simoneau <simoneau@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] gems + sparc-linux
I'm trying to get GEMS running with simics 2.2.19. The guest I'm trying
to use is sparc linux with a 2.4.32 kernel. When I load ruby (using a
saved checkpoint) as documented in the wiki, it apparently hangs. Ruby's
stats seem to show activity but I get no response to anything on the
serial console. Should loading Ruby make the simulated machine this
slow? Or is there a problem with running Linux on the guest instead of
Solaris?