Re: [Gems-users] A question about an article

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:51:54 -0500
From: "Mike Marty" <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] A question about an article

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniele Bordes" <daniele.bordes@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Gems Users" <gems-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 6:36 AM
Subject: [Gems-users] A question about an article

Hi all.  I have a question about the following article:

B.M. Beckmann, D.Wood:  "Managing Wire Delay in Large Chip
Multiprocessor Caches"

The third paragraph describes the methodology used to evaluate cache
designs. I would like to know if Gems and Ruby were used to model the
memory subsystem and, if the answer is yes, what protocol was used to
evaluate CMP-DNUCA cache design.

Brad has graduated and left Wisconsin, but I am certain he used GEMS and Ruby. I think he might have used the MOESI_CMP_NUCA protocol included with the release, but I am not certain of this.

--Mike