[Gems-users] Magic instruction and cache question

Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 14:51:35 -0500
From: svilen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Gems-users] Magic instruction and cache question
What is the magic opcode for x86 that will cause trap to simics and cause it activate the gcache module? After searching the forums I have been only able to identify the "sethi" instruction, which I dont believe is in the x86 ISA. Also, given I execute the "enterprise-gcache" script, is the execution of the magic instruction (enabling and disabling measurement) sufficient to produce cache statistics, or the scripts have to be modified?

Thanks for you help.

Svilen Mihaylov
University of Pennsylvania