[Gems-users] Migrate Ruby to other platform!

Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 10:34:18 +0800
From: "hongxia sun" <sunhx.seraph@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Migrate Ruby to other platform!
Dear all,

We are trying to migrate Ruby to another functional instruction simulator.
I built a new Driver and a new Processor to replace GEMS/ruby/simics/SimicsDriver and SimicsProcessor. And I used our API substituting Simics API.
All these had been compiled successfully. And now, I'm trying to modify GEMS/ruby/module/ruby.c and GEMS/ruby/init.h and init.C.

On my understanding, ruby.c is an interface between Simics and Ruby, which hooks the "external" c files that called by Simics to the C++ implementation of Ruby commands.
Because Ruby is a timing model for Simics, in it's init_local(), Ruby is registered to Simics as a timing model.
My question is: If we do not use Ruby as an independent model, could we omit this part?

I also noticed that ruby.c called some functions defined in GEMS/common/ioutil/initvar.h to register Ruby parameters to Simics.
My question is: If we do not need to configurate Ruby dynamically, could we omit this part and do not compile initvar.C at all?

If so, we do not have to implement those special Simics API for these usages.

Any reply will be very appreciative!
Thank you!

Best Regards,
Hongxia SUN