[Gems-users] Fatal Error: Simics get unstalled without ruby

Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:43:58 -0600
From: "Mark Gebhart" <mgebhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Fatal Error: Simics get unstalled without ruby
Hi,

Sorry for a duplicate question but I originally asked in an unrelated thread
and thought it would be better to break this out into a separate thread and
I added some other thoughts.

I am seeing the following error on a program with long running transactions:

Fatal Error: in fn MemoryTransactionResult
SimicsProcessor::makeRequest(memory_transaction_t*) in
simics/SimicsProcessor.C:365: Error: Simics get unstalled without ruby
asking?

Has anyone seen this before / have any advice to avoid it?  This error
message is thrown inside of SimicsProcessor::makeRequest, would it be safe
to just throw a warning instead of an error?  Or is there some timeout value
that I need to increase to prevent Simics from getting unstalled since I am
dealing with long running transactions?

Here are all of the messages I see:

Warning: in fn void RegisterState::enableInterrupts(int) in
log_tm/RegisterStateWindowed.C:336: "WARNING: in enable interrupts" is
WARNING: in enable interrupts
Warning: in fn void RegisterState::enableInterrupts(int) in
log_tm/RegisterStateWindowed.C:336: "WARNING: in enable interrupts" is
WARNING: in enable interrupts
Warning: in fn void RegisterState::enableInterrupts(int) in
log_tm/RegisterStateWindowed.C:337: pil is 0
Warning: in fn void RegisterState::enableInterrupts(int) in
log_tm/RegisterStateWindowed.C:337: pil is 0
Fatal Error: in fn MemoryTransactionResult
SimicsProcessor::makeRequest(memory_transaction_t*) in
simics/SimicsProcessor.C:365: Error: Simics get unstalled without ruby
asking?
Fatal Error: in fn MemoryTransactionResult
SimicsProcessor::makeRequest(memory_transaction_t*) in
simics/SimicsProcessor.C:365: Error: Simics get unstalled without ruby
asking?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Mark