Re: [Gems-users] Error loading 'ruby' module

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:38:13 -0500
From: "Wei Chen" <weichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Error loading 'ruby' module
Hi,

Thanks much for the replied. I checked the previous posts and decided to reinstall everything: gcc, simics, gems. And copy libelf.so to /usr/lib. It looks to get compilation and link done. But when I loaded ruby again. I got message like

> Physical Memory object cannot be found. If you are NOT compiling
Ruby and <
                               <
> This message is part of the normal compilation process.
                 <

I turned to the mail list archive and thought it is because of my ebony-linux-first checkpoint. GEMS only supports Solaris and x86, right? I don't have Solaris license so tried to boot simics with .simics files under x86-440bx directory. But it turned out to be error messages like unbootable disks etc.. I'm new to both Simics and GEMS. Could anyone show
me an example that I can start work with? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Wei

----- Original Message ----- From: "Philip Garcia" <pcgarcia@xxxxxxxx>