Re: [Gems-users] Exclusive

Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:52:04 -0600
From: "Min Xu (Hsu)" <xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Exclusive
AFAIK, it is perhaps not easy to simulate a physically "shared" wire
in ruby. Nor does ruby currently simulate a 'combined response" when the
broadcast messages travel to the root switch. Ruby kind of approximate
the combined response by having little extra state in the memory (directory).
Then when the memory sends the date to a requester, the memory will
encode a bit to indicate the data is exclusive.