Re: [Gems-users] Benchmarks

Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 19:46:07 -0400
From: Nauman Rafique <nrafique@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Benchmarks
Dave,
Compiling a benchmark on simics would be slow. It is recommended to compile them
on a real machine and then you can copy them to simulated machine by
- Mounting a cd on the simulated machine
- Mounting host file system on the simulated machine
or
- Mounting images of real hard disk on the simulated machine.
See simics docementation for more details.

For the file structure and functions, I dont think there is any other
documentation yet other than the ISCA tutorial. But the code is not very hard to
follow once you get a big picture of the file structure from the ISCA tutorial
slides.

Inclusion or exclusion of caches depend on the coherence protocol selected.
e.g., MOESI_CMP_directory has exclusive L2 cache and MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory has
inclusive L2 cache.

--
Nauman
Purdue University