Re: [Gems-users] GEMS on Simics 3.0

Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:51:02 -0600 (CST)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] GEMS on Simics 3.0
Simics 3.0 has issues with the version of glibc they compiled against.
It doesn't like C++ modules that are compiled on glibc 2.3-based systems.
Virtutech is aware of the problem and we are awaiting their resolution
before we take further action on releasing a GEMS for Simics 3.0.

If you have a glibc 2.2-based system and really need to use Simics 3.0,
supposedly things will work, but there are some minor GEMS-Simics
interface changes needed (we could fill you in on this) and the build
process is different.

--Mike