Re: [Gems-users] Info about network topology parameters

Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:02:49 -0600
From: Alaa Alameldeen <alaa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Info about network topology parameters
Please read slides 33-35 of our GEMS tutorial:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/multifacet/papers/isca05_gems_tutorial.ppt

You should also try to use one of the network specification files in the GEMS release and examine the ruby stats file.

-Alaa

Alessandro Bardine wrote:
I am trying to understand how to specify a custom network topology.
Does someone know the exact meaning and definition of the following
parameters for a link?

link_laency: what is the number? ruby cicle for end to end?
link_weight: what does it means? what's the number?
bw_multiplier: I think it is related to the band of the link but how exactly
is measured?

Thank you.
Alessandro