Re: [Gems-users] g_SEQUENCER_OUTSTANDING_REQUESTS

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:51:38 -0600
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] g_SEQUENCER_OUTSTANDING_REQUESTS
Blas Cuesta wrote:
Hi!

I want to run a simulation of a 32-processor system but it seems to me that the whole system does not generate all requests it should generate ( I think). Therefore, I am looking for the problem. I have seen that the g_SEQUENCER_OUTSTANDING_REQUESTS is set to 16. Does this parameter refer to the number of total requests that the whole system can generate or to the number of requests that every processor can generate? I mean, if it refers to the total number of requests, then, if I want to simulate 32-processor, I will have to set it at least to 32. Will not I?

g_SEQUENCER_OUTSTANDING_REQUESTS is per-processor.

Only useful when the processor model (Opal or other) can actually generate multiple outstanding requests.

--Mike