[Gems-users] Problem creating a new machine type

Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:05:55 +0200 (CEST)
From: Enric Herrero <enricherrero@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Problem creating a new machine type
Hi,

We are trying to implement a new machine based in the
L1cache file from the MOESI_CMP_directory protocol.

1. We changed these parameters from the original file:

/*Definition of machine*/
machine(CacheDir, "Cache Directory protocol") {

/*Definition of objects*/

TBETable CD_TBEs, template_hack="<CacheDir_TBE>";

CacheMemory DirectoryCache,
template_hack="<CacheDir_Entry>",
constructor_hack='L1_CACHE_NUM_SETS_BITS,L1_CACHE_ASSOC,MachineType_CacheDir,int_to_string(i)+"_CD"',
abstract_chip_ptr="true";

2. We modified  and RubySlicc_ComponentMapping.h to
add MACHINETYPE_CACHEDIR_ENUM and functions to map
L1Cache to CacheDir

3. We modified CacheMemory.h to add
MACHINETYPE_CACHEDIR_ENUM in Private Methods

4. We have the following errors when trying to compile
ruby:

/*Compilation result*/
generated/MOESI_CMP_cache_directory/CacheDir_changePermission.C:
In member function `void
CacheDir_Controller::CacheDir_changePermission(Address,
AccessPermission)':
generated/MOESI_CMP_cache_directory/CacheDir_changePermission.C:9:
error: 'class Chip' has no member named
'm_CacheDir_DirectoryCache_vec'
generated/MOESI_CMP_cache_directory/CacheDir_changePermission.C:10:
error: 'class Chip' has no member named
'm_CacheDir_DirectoryCache_vec'
generated/MOESI_CMP_cache_directory/CacheDir_changePermission.C:10:
error: return-statement with a value, in function
returning 'void'
make[1]: ***
[x86-linux/generated/MOESI_CMP_cache_directory/obj/CacheDir_changePermission.o]
Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/afs/it.kth.se/pkg/simics/local_extensions/disk_dumps/sparc/cmp/ruby'
make: *** [all] Error 2

There are other files that you think that should be
modified? What do you recomend to do?

Thank you

Marco and Enric

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.