Re: [Gems-users] Error Loading Ruby Module

Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:04:19 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Error Loading Ruby Module
I'm not surprised that list-failed-modules lists no modules, as you haven't tried to load any modules by the look of your dump below.

Have you tried:
[root@obelix MOSI_SMP_bcast]# ./simics -stall
simics> read-configuration [ ... ]
simics> load-module ruby

??

If so, send me a dump of everything that follows after simics> read-configuration [...].

Regards,
Dan

Datta, Kushal wrote:
Hi Dan,

read-configuration <check file> gives the same error.  There's something interesting I found. After loading simics as "./simics -stall" from the MOSI_SMP_bcast directory, there is a failed module error as:

[root@obelix MOSI_SMP_bcast]# ./simics -stall
Checking out a license... done: academic license.
+----------------+ Copyright 1998-2006 by Virtutech, All Rights Reserved
  |   Virtutech    |    Version: Simics 3.0.21
  |     Simics     |    Build: 1359  Host: x86-linux
  +----------------+
    www.simics.com      "Virtutech" and "Simics" are trademarks of Virtutech AB
Use of this software is subject to appropriate license.
Type 'copyright' for details on copyright.
Type 'help help' for info on the on-line documentation.
simics> list-failed-modules Current ABI version: 1359 Lowest supported: 1302 Name Error
      No module name in module
simics> list-failed-modules -v
Current ABI version: 1359 Lowest supported: 1302 Name Error Path
      No module name in module  /opt/virtutech/simics-3.0.21/x86-linux/lib/pmon.py
simics>

Is this the root cause of all the problems?

Kushal.