[Gems-users] Token owner without tokens

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:56:55 +0100
From: Blas Cuesta <blacuesa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Token owner without tokens
Hello.

I have a question about theperformance policy in the MOESI_SMP implementation.
During the execution of a simulation, it has crashed because the processor
that must serve a (transient) read request only holds the token owner (and no
one else). How is it the right way to manage this situation? I suppose that
the token owner must be sent to the home memory module in order to gather all
spare tokens. Then, a persistent request will be activated and the request
will be finally served. Is this ok?

Thanks you.

Regards.