[Gems-users] regd. ruby cycles

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:51:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Dave Z." <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] regd. ruby cycles
Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to determine the cost
of actions taken on cache transitions. As I
understand, Ruby cycles is the metric to measure
performance. So, is it possible to determine the cost
of actions (e.g. on a Load event, I --> IS, actions:
allocate L1D cache block, allocate TBE, issue GETS,
profile miss, pop mandatory queue) in terms of Ruby
cycles? Or is there any better way to determine the
cost of actions? If such a feature is not available in
Ruby, how much work should I put into it to implement
it? Thank you very much.

Dave