Re: [Gems-users] ruby/opal "version 'GCC_4.2.0' not found" error

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:10:57 -0400
From: Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] ruby/opal "version 'GCC_4.2.0' not found" error

A couple of other things to try (no guarantees)...

(1) In ruby/module/Makefile, there's a place where you can hard-code your library path. You can try uncommenting and pointing this to your specific gcc version.

#MODULE_LDFLAGS += -Wl,-Ryour/path/here

(2) Also in ruby/module/Makefile, if your installed version of gcc only has the static libraries (.a), then you can specify static linking. Uncomment the following line in the makefile:

#MODULE_LDFLAGS += -Wl,-Bstatic -lstdc++ -lz -static-libgcc

(I also had to add "-shared" at the end, because references to the dynamic Simics libraries came later.) You, of course, need to comment out the following line that specifies dynamic linking.

...Greg

PS. I've been having a great deal of trouble getting things to work for my class on my university system. They keep changing gcc versions and libraries, and it's quite frustrating. So, I feel your pain!