Re: [Gems-users] Strange Ruby statistics

Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 11:09:27 +0200
From: "Daniele Bordes" <daniele.bordes@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Strange Ruby statistics
Hi Dan, thank you very much for your answer. Well, I have changed only
the second call to triggerEvents() to triggerAllEvents() in
void TraceRecord::issueRequest(), so now I expect that each reference
is processed completely before the next one. But debugging tester.exec
and ruby with this trace file  (all references are made by the same
processor, and L1 cache associativity is set to 1):

0x00000040  LD
0x00000080  LD
0x000000C0  LD
0x00900040  LD
0x000000C0  LD
0x00900040  LD

I have noted that the block 0x000000C0 (third reference) is allocated
in L2 cache ONLY after the reference 0x00900040 (fourth reference) is
read from the trace file. Do you know what's going on?
Sorry to be a nuisance.