Re: [Gems-users] How to make "sarek2-solaris9.craff" ?

Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 13:52:26 +0200
From: "Thomas De Schampheleire" <patrickdepinguin@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] How to make "sarek2-solaris9.craff" ?
Hi,

After installation of Solaris in Simics, you should have a disk file
somewhere, which contains the actual disk. To get a craff file, you
compress it using the craff utility, which resides in the <host>/bin
directory in Simics. In case you are on x86, you do:

$ <SIMICS>/x86-linux/bin -o sarek2-solaris9.craff sarek2-solaris9.disk

Notice that craff'ing the disk is not necessary to use it. The great
advantage is space reduction however due to the compression.

By the way, you don't have to specify the -x option to the simics
executable. If you run ./simics sol9-run.simics, it works just as
well.

Regards,
Thomas