[Gems-users] Error Messages while Compling GEMS 1.4

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:07:37 +0800
From: Guoping Long <longguoping@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Error Messages while Compling GEMS 1.4
I followed the SETUP and QUICKSTART in GEMS documentation step by step,
but I still ran into following error message:

gplong@ubuntu-gplong:~/gems/ruby$ make PROTOCOL=MOSI_SMP_bcast
DESTINATION=MOSI_SMP_bcast

Template closure done
Made module
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gplong/gems/ruby'
Ruby: Linking simics module
cd ../simics/x86-linux/lib; make ruby
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/gplong/gems/simics/x86-linux/lib'

Running make from here is not supported.

If you intend to build modules, you should be
running 'make' in the 'lib/' subdirectory.

For further info, see the Simics User Guide.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gplong/gems/simics/x86-linux/lib'
Ruby: Moving simics module
make BUILD_FLAGS=-DSIMICS movemodule
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/gplong/gems/ruby'
../scripts/prepare_simics_home.sh ../simics/home/MOSI_SMP_bcast
x86-linux
/bin/mv
-f  ../simics/x86-linux/lib/ruby.so ../simics/home/MOSI_SMP_bcast/modules/ruby-v9.so
/bin/mv: cann't recognize‘../simics/x86-linux/lib/ruby.so’: No such file
or directory

I have read previous messages in this mailing list and found out that
this may be simics's problem. I agree with so, because when I
run ../configure in x86_linux directory, I get several warnings.
gplong@ubuntu-gplong:~/gems/simics/x86-linux$ ../configure
The following errors/warnings were encountered during the configuration
phase.
*Warning*: could not find GTK/GNOME packages, the GTK/GNOME frontend
will not be built
*Warning*: Could not find library for LIBBZ2=-lbz2
*Warning*: Could not find library for LIBELF=-lelf
*Warning*: Could not find library for LIBREADLINE=-lreadline -ltermcap

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config/host-config
config.status: creating config/simics/host-config.h
config.status: config/simics/host-config.h is unchanged
config.status: linking ../config/masters/Makefile.bin to bin/Makefile
config.status: linking ../config/masters/Makefile.lib to lib/Makefile
config.status: linking ../config/masters/Makefile.obj to obj/Makefile

Then what should I do? Give me a hand please

My software configuration:
GEMS: 1.4
SIMICS 2.2.12
OS: Ubuntu 6.10