Re: [Gems-users] Adding statistics to Ruby, Global variables?

Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:47:30 -0500
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Adding statistics to Ruby, Global variables?
To add a global variable, you could instantiate it from System.C. Then add functions to RubySlicc_Util.h and RubySlicc_Util.sm to access the global data.

--Mike

Brianna Sue Bethel wrote:
Hello. I am working on trying to add simple speculation to cache protocols. I was going to start with just the MI example protocol. My first goal is to create a 'global data structure' that can hold a speculative value. It could be per processor. From looking at the profilers, it seems like global variables are used to hold the stats, but I'm confused on how to add this to a protocol. Should I be modifiying the SLICC protocol files (.sm files?) or perhaps a file such as Profiler.C or Sequencer.C? Any help or ideas would be appreciated as I am confused on how the protocol files link with the C files.
Thanks,
Brianna