Re: [Gems-users] The distribution of "total_misses" in ruby stats output

Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:49:48 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] The distribution of "total_misses" in ruby stats output
Good point, Mike. I think the best way to proceed is to put a bunch of printf()'s in Sequencer's makeRequest() function and everything it calls... and figure out where the requests are going... they are certainly getting to the sequencer, but probably not to the L2 caches, where misses are usually profiled.

Regards,
Dan

Mike Marty wrote:
things like user_misses and supervisor_misses should be protocol indepedent

--mike

Dan Gibson wrote:

What protocol are you using? Perhaps the protocol is only profiling
requests from processor 0?

Regards,
Dan

Lide Duan wrote:

Dan, the following is just a piece of output I have got:

Processor ID of current request in SimicsDriver::makeRequest() : 8
Processor ID of current request in SimicsProcessor::makeRequest() : 8
Sequencer ID of current request in Sequencer::makeRequest() : 8
Processor ID of current request in SimicsDriver::makeRequest() : 6
Processor ID of current request in SimicsProcessor::makeRequest() : 6
Processor ID of current request in SimicsDriver::makeRequest() : 8
Processor ID of current request in SimicsProcessor::makeRequest() : 8
Sequencer ID of current request in Sequencer::makeRequest() : 8
Processor ID of current request in SimicsDriver::makeRequest() : 6
Processor ID of current request in SimicsProcessor::makeRequest() : 6
Sequencer ID of current request in Sequencer::makeRequest() : 6
Processor ID of current request in SimicsDriver::makeRequest() : 8
Processor ID of current request in SimicsProcessor::makeRequest() : 8
Sequencer ID of current request in Sequencer::makeRequest() : 8

Other processor IDs also appeared besides the above, so I think
SimicsDriver, SimicsProcessor and Sequencer all see the requests from
all the processors.

Lide

On 8/25/07, *Dan Gibson* < degibson@xxxxxxxx