[Gems-users] Error warming up caches with Ruby

Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:08:57 -0700
From: Vivek Venkatesan <vvenkate@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Error warming up caches with Ruby
I'm trying to create a cache warm up trace with ruby using the save-caches command. But when I try to load the trace I get an error. Specifically this is what I try to do:

1) load-checkpoint, load and init ruby, and run for some X instructions
2) do a ruby0.save-caches "cache.save", and then I write a checkpoint
3) open the new checkpoint file and remove all references to ruby
4) restart simics and load this new checkpoint
5) do load ruby, init ruby and ruby0.load-caches "cache.save" - at this point I get this error

Warning: in fn CacheRequestType string_to_CacheRequestType(const std::string&) in generated/MOESI_CMP_directory/CacheRequestType.C:86: str is Reading cache contents from 'cache.save.gz'...Warning: in fn CacheRequestType string_to_CacheRequestType(const std::string&) in generated/MOESI_CMP_director\y/CacheRequestType.C:86: str is Fatal Error: in fn CacheRequestType string_to_CacheRequestType(const std::string&) in generated/MOESI_CMP_directory/CacheRequestType.C:87: Invalid string co\nversion for type CacheRequestType Fatal Error: in fn CacheRequestType string_to_CacheRequestType(const std::string&) in generated/MOESI_CMP_directory/CacheRequestType.C:87: Invalid string co\nversion for type CacheRequestType

Does anyone know what this is about? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Vivek