Re: [Gems-users] XACT consistency checker problem

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:40:31 -0600
From: Jayaram Bobba <bobba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] XACT consistency checker problem
LogTM hardware jumps to transaction_manager_stub on a
transactional abort or for performing other transactional services.
These actions are then entirely performed within an ESCAPE
action.

Ricardo Quislant del Barrio wrote:
I was searching for BEGIN_ESCAPE/END_ESCAPE pairs in "microbenchmark/common/transaction.c" and they only appear inside "transaction_manager_stub" and "xact_rand" functions. The latter is used in no other function in "transaction.c" and neither the code I'm simulating uses it . The former is used in "set_transaction_registers" and I use it in the beginning of threads, so it doesn't conflict with transactions, I guess.

Conflict:
0 XACT CONSISTENCY CHECKER: FAILED 0x[0x18a0400, line 0x18a0400] ACCESS TYPE: LD IN WRITE SET OF 10 0 XACT CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE DUE TO OVERLAP BETWEEN ESCAPE ACTIONS AND TRANSACTIONS Address: [0x18a0400, line 0x18a0400] PC: [0x10dead4, line 0x10deac0]

Thanks