[Gems-users] LogTM transaction scheduling on simics solaris 9

Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:10:05 +0800
From: "wshaogang" <wshaogang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] LogTM transaction scheduling on simics solaris 9
Hi:
    I am currently working the LogTM transactional memory enviroment, and during simulation, I have the following problem:
    I have successfully built ruby based on MESI_SMP_LogTM_directory protocol, fedora core 7, simics 3.0.30.  and the simics target mache is serengeti(abisko-common), solaris 9.  I compile splash2 benchmarks with solaris thread library, and replace LOCK & UNLOCK  with magic instruction call BEGIN_TRANSACTION and COMMIT_TRANSACTION to trigger transaction processing.  I have seen that the transaction is successfully triggered and underlying system enters transactional mode. but, from the debug information,  the transaction thread is always scheduled on one same processor by the operating system. ( I have tried using target machine with 8 or 16 processors, and have set benchmark's parameter of processor counts). I am very troubled with this problem.

   Can anybody give me some help? Thanks very much.