Re: [Gems-users] TILED network

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:01:48 -0600
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] TILED network
The naming is confusing. "Directory" in GEMS generally means the memory/directory controller. Yes, the directory state is stored in L2 tags. I called the "Directory" MESI_SCMP_tiledL2bank_directory-mem.sm , instead of -dir.sm, to try and indicate that this doesn't really store directory state at memory.

Niket Agarwal wrote:
Hey Mike,
thanks for the prompt reply.

Regarding the directories, I thought that the directories should be coupled with the L2 banks and hence should be with each node. Is there any thing wrong in this design?

Also, if I change the network, will I need to change anything in the MESI TILED coherence protocol? Meaning, is the tiled coherence protocol tied to the interconnection network?

Thanks again for the help,
Niket.