[Gems-users] Adding delay of one cycle when a L1 cache is being accessed

Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 16:57:21 +0200
From: "Shachar Gang" <shacharg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Adding delay of one cycle when a L1 cache is being accessed
Hi,

I am trying to add a delay of one cycle on an access to L1 cache, but what I
want is the delay will be on special cases only (when a special bit is
turned on in the accessed cache line)

I already added the special bit in the AbstractCacheEntry.h file and the
functions to change it in the CacheMemory class.
I would like to know how the L1 access latency is being calculated - How can
I change the sm file to add 1 cycle to the latency for every access I have
to an L1 cache line that has my special bit turned on.

Thanks for any help
Shachar