[Gems-users] link direction

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:17:56 -0800 (PST)
From: arrvindh shriraman <arrvindh_shriraman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] link direction
Until now I have been using my custom makehierarchicalswitch_cmp() in Topology.C to create a custom CMP hierarchical network. using the existing addlink, createLinks, and newswitch() functions. This has basically made it almost non-extensible.

Now I have been trying move some of this code outside using the FILE_SPECIFIED technique (which would have been the sane thing to do in the first place), but discovered these issues with it.

Also, what do u use link_weight for ? It just defaults to link_latency

makefilespecifies also seems to be just using addLinks(src,dest) which creates a physical link in only one direction, if thats the case how is the bi-directional specified.

Thanks (for the super quick replies)

TV dinner still cooling?