[Gems-users] network in ruby

Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:28:30 +0800
From: "hongxia sun" <sunhx.seraph@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] network in ruby
Dear all,

I am working on the network code of ruby. And I have several questions on it.

Firstly, I noticed that the SimpleNetwork, the PerfectSwitch and the Throttle all defined several MessageBuffer Vectors. Messages were transferred among these MessageBuffers. I was wondering that the MessageBuffers in PerfectSwitch and Throttle were only private copies of MessageBuffer defined in SimpleNetwork or they were independent MessageBuffers used to transferred messages. Were all the MessageBuffers defined in *.sm files, were not they?

Secondly, I noticed that when PerfectSwitch->addInPort and Throttle->addLinks they set them selves as the Consumers of the MessageBuffers. And when a message was enqueued to a corresponding MessageBuffer, it would wakeup its Consumer. Am I right?

Any reply will be very appreciative!

Best Regards,

Hongxia SUN