[Gems-users] Failed assertion check_ptr

Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:03:34 -0600
From: "Lei Yang" <lya755@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Failed assertion check_ptr
Dear list,

When I test my new protocol with Ruby tester, I got the following error:

failed assertion 'check_ptr != __null' at fn virtual void Tester::hitCallback(NodeID, SubBlock&) in tester/Tester.C:103

I looked into the code and found that this is probably because the address that's being checked was not inserted into the checktable. However, I let addCheck print out the address and found that at the beginning of the trace output this address was indeed added to the check table. So could someone give me a hint on what might have caused the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Lei