Re: [Gems-users] converting smp protocol to cmp protocol

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:30:59 -0500
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] converting smp protocol to cmp protocol
Lower the network latencies and you get a CMP

The *SMP* protocols do require the number of DirectoryController == number of processors. But we don't realistically model DRAM anyways, so just connect them all to one switch and get a CMP with one memory controller

--Mike

Dave Z. wrote:
Hello,

I would like to convert MOESI_SMP_hammer protocol to
CMP protocol to have private L1/L2 caches and shared
memory. Could you please tell me how much effort I
need to put into it, and show me some pointers? As I
understand, changing standard_SMP-protocol.sm in
MOESI_SMP_hammer.slicc to standard_CMP-protocol.sm is
the first thing I need to do. Do I need to modify the
cache and directory controllers? Or would it work
without any modifications?

Thanks,

Dave