Re: [Gems-users] Failed to load module 'ruby'

Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 03:02:28 -0500
From: Niket Agarwal <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Failed to load module 'ruby'
Make sure your environment variables are properly set. Especially SIMICS_EXTRA_LIB

Niket

May Zhao wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have been compiled and used GEMS for a while. Recently I recompiled again, but there is an error when I load module 'ruby', I haven't changed any configuration. It looks like ruby.so doesn't exist or wrong directory, but I have checked that ruby.so is in the
right directory with right operation permission.
Asked administrator if some changes on our machine. I was told that gcc has been updated
from 3.2.3 to 3.4.6. Not sure if it is a reason.
I used both old version and new revision gcc to make GEMS. All give me the following error.
        Can anybody help me out?
        Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
May

$ ./simics -stall
Checking out a license... done: academic license.

   +----------------+    Copyright 1998-2006 by Virtutech, All Rights Reserved
   |   Virtutech    |    Version: Simics 3.0.18
   |     Simics     |    Build: 1351  Host: x86-linux
   +----------------+
www.simics.com "Virtutech" and "Simics" are trademarks of Virtutech AB

Use of this software is subject to appropriate license.
Type 'copyright' for details on copyright.
Type 'help help' for info on the on-line documentation.

simics> read-configuration ../../8p-compile
simics> istc-disable
Turning I-STC off and flushing old data
simics> dstc-disable
Turning D-STC off and flushing old data
simics> magic-break-enable
simics> load-module ruby
Error loading module 'ruby': Failed to load module 'ruby' ('/home/users/mayzhao/gems/simics_3_workspace/x86-linux/lib/ruby.so'): "cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"