Re: [Gems-users] Multiple workspaces from one codespace

Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:46:45 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Multiple workspaces from one codespace
Well, good!

Joseph Greathouse wrote:
Hi Dan,

Your answer (or confusion about our question, more specifically) led us
to look a little harder at what we were doing.  We were originally
looking to have two installs of Simics (with a total of two different
workspaces) in different directories, both using the same GEMS codebase
folder.  It turns out we don't even need to do that, so the problem has
sort of resolved itself.

Thanks,
Joe

Quoting Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>:

Hi Joe,
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'single workspace'. You can
specify different DESTINATION options to both Ruby and Opal, which will
compile the modules into different simics/home/ directories to allow you
to use multiple different configurations concurrently. Is this what
you're after, or have I missed the point?

Regards,
Dan

Joseph Greathouse wrote:

Hi there,

One of my lab partners and I are working with GEMS 1.3.1, and we would
like to run things on two different systems.  We would like to work
with one codebase and simply have different workspace directories.

We've run into the problem that we must set a single workspace
directory during the compilation process.

Is there a quick way around this in GEMS, or is our best bet to make
two completely different directories, source and all, and just keep our
code changes up to date between the two?

Thanks!
Joe Greathouse

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~gibson [esc]:wq!