[Gems-users] number of processors

Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:14:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Dave Z." <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] number of processors
Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to configure Ruby to
use fewer processors than available on the Simics
system. For example, if Simics is configured to have 8
processors, would it cause any problems if I used only
4 processors in Ruby?

I'm getting the following error and I don't understand
why. I didn't change SimicsProcessor.C.

failed assertion 'index < m_size' at fn TYPE&
Vector<TYPE>::ref(int) [with TYPE
= SimicsProcessor*] in ../common/Vector.h:168
failed assertion 'index < m_size' at fn TYPE&
Vector<TYPE>::ref(int) [with TYPE
= SimicsProcessor*] in ../common/Vector.h:168
At this point you might want to attach a debug to the
running and get to the
crash site; otherwise press enter to continue
PID: 15611

Thanks,

Dave