[Gems-users] Installation Error: Compilation of Ruby and Opal - Help Needed

Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:11:37 -0500
From: Dinagar Raghunathan <draghuna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Installation Error: Compilation of Ruby and Opal - Help Needed

Hi all,

I have been facing some issues on Gems Installations.

I got the below error on executing the step “Compile Ruby” in the link http://www.cs.wisc.edu/gems/doc/wiki/moin.cgi/QuickStart

cd $GEMS/ruby

make PROTOCOL=MOSI_SMP_bcast DESTINATION=MOSI_SMP_bcast

make[1]: *** [x86-linux/generated/MOSI_SMP_bcast/obj/Chip.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dinagar/gems/ruby'

make: *** [all] Error 2

Prior to this, I faced below issue and been referring to a mail from Gems-User mail archive.

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `simics/api.h', needed by `x86-linux/generated/MOESI_SMP_hammer/obj/attrparse.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Dinagar/gems/ruby'
make: *** [all] Error 2

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/2006-November/msg00047.shtml

I followed the steps mentioned in the list. Now, the simics/api.h error is gone but facing the Chip.o error.

I also tried to do the step “Compile Opal” – [make module DESTINATION=MOSI_SMP_bcast]. Even here, I have make failure. Below is the error.

make[1]: *** [x86-linux/obj/simdist12.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dinagar/gems/opal'

make: *** [module] Error 2

I need your guidance on how to resolve this issue. I have been googling and searching through the mail archive. But I wasn’t able to find any relevant solution. So Looking forward for your response.

Thanks,

Dinagar