[Gems-users] Ruby Profiler

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:41:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Dave Z." <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Ruby Profiler
Hello,

I have a question regarding Ruby profiler. I'm working on a three level MOESI_CMP_directory, and trying to find out the number of hits and the number of misses per cache level. I modified the cache controllers such that a transition is profiled as a miss from state I and as a hit from other states on load, store, and ifetch. Unfortunately, the total numbers I get are totally different than the ones produced by Sequencer::makeRequest. Is this expected? If not, do you have any thoughts on what I might have done wrong?

Thank you,

Dave