Re: [Gems-users] about network_latency and queue_latency

Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:34:02 -0400
From: Niket <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] about network_latency and queue_latency
The average network latency = the latency in the network (routers + links) + interface

The Average queuing latency is the latency a packet sees at the controller side when it is ready to go into the network but the network is jammed and it has to wait there.

Cheers,
Niket

? wrote:
I use the GEMS 2.1 to simulate the network. I am confused by the the average
latency. The average latency includes network_latency and queue_latency. How can I
understand them? The link latency and route latency are all included in
network_latency? Thanks!