[Gems-users] all blocks in set from the same node?

Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 21:27:59 -0400
From: Olya Krachina <okrachin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] all blocks in set from the same node?
Hello,

I am using MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory with 8 chips, 1 processor per chip, running
SPLASH-2 ocean.

I want to identify the home node or the directory at which each block
in the L2 cache set was allocated. I set rubyconfig.defaults for L2 as 4-way set
associative which means I have 4 blocks per set. Then I used
map_Address_to_DirectoryNode() from RubySlicc_ComponentMapping.h to identify
each block's home node using its address, i.e. in CacheMemory.h in probe() i
called map_address_to_directoryNode(m_cache[set][i].m_address).

But I noticed that for the same set, the four blocks always have the SAME home
node, i.e. set_1 has all 4 blocks from node_i, set_2 has all 4 blocks from
node_k. This makes me doubt that i am using the right function to identify
block's home node.

so i'd like to know what "map_Address_to_DirectoryNode" does and if there
another way to identify the block's home node.

thanks in advance.