Re: [Gems-users] question about LX_CACHE_NUM_SETS_BITS parameter

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 00:28:29 -0400
From: "Konstantinos Aisopos" <kaisopos@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] question about LX_CACHE_NUM_SETS_BITS parameter
Yep, it's pretty confusing. What is actually even more confusing is
that this variable (L2_CACHE_NUM_SETS_BITS) changes, once I initialize
ruby, to its "per core" value! In other words, i set it as 16 and
right after initialization i find out that it's 10
[10=16-log(num_cores)]

simics> ruby0.setparam L2_CACHE_NUM_SETS_BITS 16

simics> ruby0.init
Ruby Timing Mode
Creating event queue...
Creating event queue done
Creating system...
  Processors: 64
Creating system done
Ruby initialization complete

simics> ruby0.listparam
L2_CACHE_NUM_SETS_BITS  : 10

anyway, i think it's clear to me now. Thanks Mike.

-Kostas