Re: [Gems-users] cache values 0

Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 10:59:33 -0500
From: Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] cache values 0
Honestly, I don't know what help someone on this list can give you.  There are many variables involved in setting Simics/GEMS up for the first time -- compiler versions, library versions, benchmark programs, etc.  Something in your setup is causing Simics to be unhappy.  There's very little evidence that any of us can see to help you -- Simics "getting shaky" is what always happens when Simics encounters an error that it can't handle.

Can you run your application on Simics alone, without Opal or Ruby?
Can you run the tester on Ruby alone, without Simics (and without your benchmark application)?

...Greg

You mentioned that you are not an Opal user. So whether it meant you don’t load or run the Opal module at all? Well, I tried to run only Ruby alone and executed the Simulation but again I got the same “getting shaky” error.